Interested in tobacco related issues?
Join Our Wales Tobacco
or Health Network
or Health Network
About the WTHN
The Wales Tobacco or Health Network (WTHN) is a network for all individuals in Wales with an interest in tobacco and with an interest in the wider determinants of health and health inequalities. The links between tobacco use and a range of other health and wellbeing issues are continuously being researched and understood. The network not only focuses on smoking and tobacco control but also on the wider issues surrounding smoking and tobacco use.
WTHN events occur annually and usually take place in January or February.
The meetings cover issues such as:
- Smoking cessation, smokefree spaces, illegal tobacco, electronic cigarettes, niche tobacco and prevention interventions
- The link between tobacco use and increased tobacco consumption
- How tobacco use contributes to child poverty
- The link between tobacco use and mental health
- Ensuring under-represented and non-represented groups are able to access health promotion and treatment services
- Addressing multiple risk behaviours in young people
Who can join?
The network is open to individuals and is not organisationally representative. Members are welcome from many organisations and sectors, including academia, the tobacco control community, education, government, healthcare, industry, local government, the media, the NHS, public health, and the private and voluntary sectors.
There are enormous benefits to joining the Network, and crucially, given the current economic situation, membership is free. The Network will exist to support members by providing and improving access to information, and by providing a forum for sharing knowledge and good practice, enabling members to learn from each other.
How to join?
To join the Wales Tobacco or Health Network or for more information, please contact: email@example.com